While I am not directly involved in content creation as a producer anymore, or on the distribution side of things, this article caught my eye because of my interest in seeing good content.
I’m pretty sure I have posted links to this guy’s article before – Ashkan Karbasfrooshan is CEO of WatchMojo.com, a producer of premium video content.
These two articles talk about online content and exclusivity and include what seems to be an accurate picture of content being a “woman” and distribution, a “man.”
By and large, distribution companies
– never make any promises,
– have no-strings-attached offerings,
– make no commitments,
– rarely seek exclusivity, and
– when they do, it’s usually too good to be true.
Content owners, meanwhile,
– enter distribution deals with expectations,
– believe the promises they hear,
– expect a commitment, and
– want a guarantee.
In his second article on the same subject, he adds a third and fourth element to this […]