I would like to share the g-rated moments that I gleaned from Nancy Wolfson’s VOICE 2010 session on Friday, June 4. Her session was definitely pushing my comfort zone at first, but, hey, if Bob Souer can do it, then by gosh, I can try it too!
First of all some basic f*!#g tips.
- Active hush – I may need someone to post a response explaning what this actually means, but I think it relates to the next bullet…
- Avoid Volume and Cheerfulness – instead to add energy use vocal tension
- Watch the smile (the Joanie Gerber “psychotic” smile may be old-school?)
- Keep the copy higher than your eyes
- Keep your body loose – ready to pounce
The x-rated portion of the session was all about using your natural instincts and doing three takes.
- The Admit take – this is the gut take – no extra words
- Then “throw down the “f” word” before the key words in the copy. […]